But in the midst of it all God is been so good to us. I have to tell you that the "paper pregnancy" has already been a struggle for me! Mentally and physically. I don't always do very well when my plate is very full and I don't always deal with stress very well... But I know that it is through this struggle that God draws me closer to Him... It is through my weakness (in not being able to carry such heavy loads) that I get to witness the great strength of my Lord as He carries me though this...
2 Cor. 12:9 says...
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
He is glorified in my weakness! So I will continue lean on Him for strength and wisdom and peace and REST. I know God is in control and He is the one that establishes my steps. He has put all these things in my life and He has called me to do all these things. He will give me all I need to do all He has called me to!
LAST WEEK -
Well - One HUGE blessing was this past weekend we had our 2nd Garage Sale and it was a HUGE success! We needed $824 more in order to pay for our homestudy and we made EXACTLY $824.00!!! God is just incredible! I mean, we could have made more money or we could have made less, but God is so good to give us the EXACT amount that we needed and show us that He IS in control and that He WILL provide! What a wonderful Father He is!
I do want to say THANK YOU to everyone who helped us with our sale and who donated items! Without the support and love of our family and friends we would not have had such an awesome amount of things for our garage sale. We had SO many things our garage was so packed that we could not even walk in it! Here are a few pics of our sale...
Our driveway was packed all the way to the end! And we still have more then enough stuff to have anther sale (which we plan on having in September). It was very crazy getting everything ready for this but it was so worth it in the end!
THIS WEEK -
So......... this week we are now in the middle of VBS week at Church (which is always a full and crazy week). But, more then being crazy, it is such a blessing spending every morning singing and teaching little kiddos about the Lord and sharing with them the Gospel. God has already opened up doors for us to share His Word with some of the children personally and I see that His Spirit is working on their young hearts. It is such a beautiful thing to watch little children love and desire to Worship the Lord!
Here are a couple pictures of our Olivia at VBS this week...
| DANCING TO AWESOME VBS SONGS! |
| SHE WONT SMILE DIRECTLY AT THE CAMERA... BUT HEY, I GOT A SMILE :) |
| AFTER SHE ATE HER SNOW CONE... |
COMING UP -
We will then be wrapping up our week by having a Car Wash Fundraiser on Saturday at our local Chic-fil-A... And then next week we have our orientation for our homestudy and will start focusing entirely on getting things checked off our homestudy to-do list!
Well, I pray that you all have a very blessed week and that you will also get many opportunities to see the goodness of God in your life!
As our Pastor says... GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME... ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD!
Awesome!!! I love how God provided the exact amount that you needed!!! He is SO GOOD!!! And He will continue to provide just like that throughout your entire process - hold on, because it is a crazy but AMAZING ride!!! God will stretch you and bless you and then stretch you and bless you some more. =)
ReplyDelete