Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Motherhood Is a Calling (And Where Your Children Rank)

So I stumbled upon this awesome article by Rachel Jankovic today as I was reading one of my favorite blogs "Girl Talk". They shared a portion of this article on their blog which lead me to reading the entire article. I have to say I was very convicted and also encouraged! I know that there are many times when I grumble and complain about things in my home not going right because of the many small interruptions I receive as a mother. For instance, potty training... it is really one thing that I have been struggling with! I mean, I REALLY don't want to be spending hours in the bathroom every day, waiting, and waiting, and waiting for "something" to happen... I have chores that need to be done, e-mails that need to be sent, bills that need to be paid... And  I am really sad to say that this has been a struggle for me to help her in this new learning experience... (I actually decided that I would clean the bathroom today since we were obviously going to be in there for a while, just so I can feel productive)... and I actually lost my patience as I asked her for the third or fourth time if she was done and I heard once again a "no".

Well, this article really hit home... I mean, this is my calling, my God-given job. To sit in the bathroom as long as it takes. To be patient. To lay down my time, my life, my "to-do" list to give my child the attention and care that she needs and to be patience with her as she learns new things (I mean I know I should be thankful that she actually WANTS to sit on the potty and go).

I really pray that God continues to change my heart and to give me the patience I need. I pray that my beautiful daughter would not rank below any of my own wants or desires and that she would know without any doubt that I believe her to be the most beautiful gift and an incredible blessing in my life! I also pray that though this that her little heart and my own heart would receive and understand the gospel of Christ again and again. Remembering that Jesus laid down His life and His agenda for my life.

Anyways - I hope you read this article. I thought it was great. I'll probably read it again a few times to let it sink in some more.

Motherhood Is a Calling (And Where Your Children Rank)


2 comments:

  1. Hi :) So glad you found my blog. How great that we could connect. I will be following your journey as well - Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this, and I can completely relate. Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete