Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I-600A is on its way!!!

Yep! Our homestudy is done and our I-600A form was put in the mail on Monday! What is an I-600A? Well, first of all it is the last thing we need before we can send our dossier to Ethiopia... It's basically a form that we send to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for their approval to adopt internationally. The reason this wasn't already done is because they require a copy of our completed homestudy before we can send the form.... so now that our homestudy is done, the form is on its way! 

It is estimated to take between 6-12 weeks before we get the approval form (called I-171H form). Sometime within those 6-12 months they are going to call us and schedule for us to get fingerprinted. Then sometime after fingerprinting we will receive our I-171H form! 

Then.... (dun dun dun) we will be able to send all our paperwork to Ethiopia and we can start the countdown!!!! YAY!!!

So, in case you were wondering how long this countdown was going to be... the current wait time for a male child is from 10-16 months, the wait for a female child is between 11-18 months. 

Right now my heart is anxious and excited! And I am rejoicing in the Lord that He has been directing our steps and has gotten us this far... However, I know the waiting is just beginning and will get harder... So these two verses have come to mind and are ones that I will be meditating on going forward as we enter this long wait period....

Psalm 46: 10 "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"    

Philippians 4:4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


Steph








No comments:

Post a Comment