Thursday, June 16, 2011

"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you"

So we are just starting out our adoption journey. It's a very scary and intimidating process that we are going to have to rely on God for strength and for God to provide. It's quite a costly process ($26,000 - $35,000) and I am sure it's going to cost a lot emotionally as well. But every time I think of the cost involved, I can't help but think of the cost that God paid to adopt us. While we were still sinners, while we were completely and utterly hopeless, the Bible says "but when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons." God sent His only Son to live a perfect life and to hang on the cross and become a curse for us, so that we can be called children of God.

Our adoption of this child from Ethiopia is more than likely not going to cost us our lives, it's merely going to cost us money, time and effort in fundraising and going through the entire process but it isn't going to cost us our life. We aren't going to have to shed our blood for this child.

It just kind of puts things in perspective when we think of how much our heavenly Father paid for our adoption into His family. There are so many similarities between adopting an earthly child (horizontal adoption) and our adoption by God (vertical adoption) that I am going to write about later but I just wanted to post something since Steph seems to be hogging the posts as of now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment